Monday 8 September 1986

Montreal 4

M went out to work early so I breakfasted with the German girl. She suggested speaking in German. She must have missed her mother tongue. I didn't get very far with my German.

Her flight was not until afternoon and she knew where to get her moccasins. We took a long walk towards the city.

The Tandy leather shop did indeed have what she wanted. I bought a leather belt at the same shop. (Tandy originally started off as a leather shop and then branched into electronics parts.)

We both had the same idea of getting M a present for letting us stay with her. We settled on records. Her gift was Peer Gynt and mine a collection of Chopin. 

She also wanted to buy some "dried lobster pieces" to take home. After a while I figured out she meant the prawn crackers we had in the dim sum restaurant. 

She made the flight in good time. In the evening I met M for dinner.

After walking around and tiring M a little, we ended up at a French restaurant.

Back in the apartment I packed up in preparation to return to the US the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment